I can do stuff! This week has been a good one, infact I feel like it has been a hugely significant milestone. I went swimming on monday, and it has to be said i was really nervous, i haven't really tested the limitations of my new post human body, largely down to all the restrictions the surgical team put on me, and monday was a test of my new body. The pool was very calm, only a few silver swims bobbing about, which put me slightly more at ease, at least if my scar ripped open and my intestines fell out it would have been a particuly public ordeal. So i get in the water, all greased up like a channel swim so as not to get chlorine,chemicals and piss from the swimming pool water all over my scar tissue, of course it was cold, but after a bit of hesistation i give swimming ago and lo and behold i can! I can't do crawl, it pulls everything to much, but i was always fairly crap at that, get half way down the pool and become very aware that the lifeguard is looking in your direction trying to figure out whether or not your drowning type thing. I only did half a km breast stroke but still, i was imensly proud of my self. And then for my second big achievement of the week a met up with my pilates instructor for a sort of one on one session to see what i can and can't do, and it turns out i can do everything i did before, in fact possibly i'm a bit better. In short abdominal muscles clearly serve little purpose, apart from the whole hernia thing. I am no longer completely physical redundant! No one else except lucy seems as pleased about this as me. This is a big deal. b's back from school my attention is need else where.

1 Comments:
Congrats on the half a km breast stroke!!! That's awesome! :)
I hate that look the life guard gives. lolol Like they are wondering if you are a sinker or a floater.
Post a Comment
<< Home