Sunday, October 16, 2005

smells

They say that smell is the most evocative of all your senses, it stirs dormant memories, scents can transport you back in time, -sandalwood incense and I'm fifteen listening to dark lyrics in a dimly lit bedroom, I smell hugo boos and i look around expecting to see a rugged ex boyfriend and it turns out the smell of our car makes me think of velindre. I haven't been in our car for ages, we'e not really car people, and admitly my husbands driving makes me nervous, for no reason other than he's a new driver I hasten to add. So i open the car door to bundle the children's car seats in and it hits me, a smell that i assicoiate only with trips back and forth to radiotherapy, and desperatly trying not to vomit, instantly the familar wave of naseua that has subsided of late, rises up again from the pit of my stomach, as the car smell penetrates my nostrils i feel sicker and sicker. And then the tears come. Have you ever read perfume? One of my favorites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home