Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Getting better

hey, how goes it big wide world? sorry no posts for a while, in fact for the past few months i've been rubbish, and have not been blogging my journey each step of the way. In my defence radiotherapy throws you in to a horrible state of apathy and deppression, leaving you in a permant state of "can't be arsed-ness". I've finished though! whoo hoo! i'm still absolutely shattered, and feel like i have to drag my body out of bed, off the sofa, out the house, the only difference being i actually want to get out of bed and get on with my life. My insides still feel as though they have been balled out with an ice-cream scoop, but i no longer smell like a festering carcass, nor does my stomach resemble the pallied, grey and rotting flesh of a zombie, i just look like a burn victim, with my skin still peeling off like papyrus. Believe it or not, i actually feel ALOT better.
With out wishing to sound melladramatic though, i am haunted by the ear splitting BBBEEEEEEEEPP of the radiotherapy machine, and i do feel as though the reality of what i've just been through is coming crashing down on me, forcing me to deal with my emotions, that i have to some degree been doing a mighty good job of repressing.
Neighbours is on got to go

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boeing Launches a Tip Blog
Boeing has launched a new weblog called inflightHQ that dispenses tips, tools and techniques for inflight productivity.
Hey, great blog here ! I'm going to bookmark you for sure. Heres a horse handicapping it really helps out alot with horse handicapping

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yea. The awful BBBEEEEEEEEPP sound of the radiation machine. I remember it well. lolol I also remember the sunburn that it gave me. It was so weird to get a tan while NOT going outside. :)

Radiation made me feel SOOOOOOOOO tired, drained, useless, as well as gave me some not-so-nice side effects that unfortunately, I am still suffering from.

You are doing better than I did! I never made it off the couch! lolol

6:13 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Oh man can I relate! I haven't started radiation yet, but I felt like that through chemo!! You are not a lone! Hang in there...there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Dana
http://fightingbreastcancer.blogspot.com/

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home