a numbers game
one in three of us will get cancer in our lifetime, so thats around about 33.3% chance that you personally will get cancer. The chances of my cancer reoccuring locally are some where between ten and fiteen percent and it returning to another site in my body is one to maybe five percent, so does that mean that teh chances of me developing cancer later in life have now in fact been reduced by this episode or do i add the two figures together leaving me wiht incresaed risk of reoccurance compared to your average healthy jo bloggs? Does my having had chance mean that two other people now have less chance of getting it or does it mean everyone has a microscopic decrease in their chances of contracting ti as i am helping to meet the quota? i am halfing my own odds by having radiotherapy, so does that leave me with a statistic of 5 to 8 percent or 24 percent and then add one for the fact that in one out of a hundred cases radiotherapy will in fact cause sarcomas? also i have to decide whether or not to have chemo and redudce my odds further. My head is going to explode, i'm rubbish at maths!

2 Comments:
have you ever smoked? Do you eat red meat? Use a microwave? Use washing up- liquid? drink too much red wine? Have your bath water too hot? (I know weird one huh) the list is bloody endless. I wouldn't bother anaylizing the statistics ether way you will be proved right or wrong, only time will tell. But I think you should have whatever you are offered.. cemo will not be pleasent by any strech of the imagionation but like your comment on the smoking (you ex-smoker, your always the worst) if you don't you will be plaged by doubt and what if's. I think you should get hannah to cut all her hair off with you ( I would if I still had short hair I promise, but its taken three years to grow and I like it) she needs to get rid of her dreds anyway. You could probably make two wigs from her dreds.... saw it down the other day it goes past her bottom now. Hope you is alright see you soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'd cut my hair off lorn, so you could make a wig for yourself, but you'd look weird with an afro. anyway chloe, your hair would grow back. do it . your hair would look much better than mine, although , LOrna, if you really want curly hair you can have mine! promiss.x
just thought, my hairs not in good condition, a bit brittle. but if you don't mind I don't. I'll use extra conditioner just in case.
Post a Comment
<< Home