post operation, goodbye lump!
Post operation, Goodbye lump!
I had my operation five days ago I'm a bit sore, but lump free and hopefully cancer free.
I know its tedious but I’m going to take a brief moment to sing the praises of the doctors and nurses who’ve looked after me, I’m well aware that to those who read this blog it may seem as though I’ve done alot of whinging about the nhs, but bureaucracy aside on this occasion I have been cared for fantastically. The nurses have been so kind and compassionate, so was the anaesthetist and theatre staff when met with a crying trembling young woman who it seemed had emotionally regressed to the age of about three. My surgeon apart from being a lovely guy in whom I could instantly place my trust, has been really helpful and informative at every stage, and has the hands of an artist, for a huge and deep incision two days on my wound is marked by nothing more than a delicate line atop a fold of skin which the professor(my surgeon) himself described as mimicking the contours of the valleys and mountains. Enough sentiment, I feel. Thank you.
I have want to blog for days, but in reality I don’t think I’m very good at this, its keeping up that’s hard work, and events take their toll, and other things get priority. How ever I do wish I done this in my morphine haze if only for dramatic effect. I’m currently at home off all opiate based pain relief. I get out of breath when i stand up and walk about and i now have quasimodo's posture but hey i'll get there.
I'm thinking of suggesting a new campaign to jamie oliver, sorry jules but he's a good man to headd a crusade, Hospital food. How are you supposed to get better when all the sustanace you are offered bears no likeness to anything you have formally considered as food. i'm fairly certain that carrots that look like they've been through the dishwasher three times contain any vitamins and they definatly don't give you the abilty to see in the dark. tired of typing now bye
I had my operation five days ago I'm a bit sore, but lump free and hopefully cancer free.
I know its tedious but I’m going to take a brief moment to sing the praises of the doctors and nurses who’ve looked after me, I’m well aware that to those who read this blog it may seem as though I’ve done alot of whinging about the nhs, but bureaucracy aside on this occasion I have been cared for fantastically. The nurses have been so kind and compassionate, so was the anaesthetist and theatre staff when met with a crying trembling young woman who it seemed had emotionally regressed to the age of about three. My surgeon apart from being a lovely guy in whom I could instantly place my trust, has been really helpful and informative at every stage, and has the hands of an artist, for a huge and deep incision two days on my wound is marked by nothing more than a delicate line atop a fold of skin which the professor(my surgeon) himself described as mimicking the contours of the valleys and mountains. Enough sentiment, I feel. Thank you.
I have want to blog for days, but in reality I don’t think I’m very good at this, its keeping up that’s hard work, and events take their toll, and other things get priority. How ever I do wish I done this in my morphine haze if only for dramatic effect. I’m currently at home off all opiate based pain relief. I get out of breath when i stand up and walk about and i now have quasimodo's posture but hey i'll get there.
I'm thinking of suggesting a new campaign to jamie oliver, sorry jules but he's a good man to headd a crusade, Hospital food. How are you supposed to get better when all the sustanace you are offered bears no likeness to anything you have formally considered as food. i'm fairly certain that carrots that look like they've been through the dishwasher three times contain any vitamins and they definatly don't give you the abilty to see in the dark. tired of typing now bye

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home